We recognise that you have rights as a ‘data subject’, and that we have an obligation to uphold these.
This privacy notice aims to outline how we maintain these rights. In particular, it outlines:
- How we collect and process your information
- Why we do this
- How you can exercise your rights
- Who to contact in the event you’re unhappy with our performance.
Depending on why we have collected your information, your information rights could include:
Right to be informed: This encompasses the obligation for us to be transparent in how we collect and use your personal data.
Right of access: You have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information.
Right to rectification: If the information we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request we correct this.
Right to erasure: You can request we delete or remove personal data where there is no compelling reason us to continue processing.
Right to restrict processing:
You have the right to request we cease processing your data, if:
- You consider it inaccurate or incomplete
- Where you object to processing and we are considering whether we still have a legitimate interest to process it.
- Where we don’t need the data for the original reason we collected it, but may need it to support a legal claim
Right to data portability: Where you have consented to our processing your data, or where the processing is necessary for us to deliver a contract, you can request a copy of that data be provided to a third party in electronic form.
Right to object: You have the right to object to our processing under certain circumstances. For example, you can object to:
- direct marketing (including profiling)
- processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
Rights relating to automated decision making including profiling:
Where we apply automated decision making, we must:
give you information about the processing
introduce simple ways for you to request human intervention or challenge a decision
carry out regular checks to make sure that our systems are working as intended
Information related to automated decision making is contained later in this notice.